Disney Songs


Friday, September 30, 2011

Character Dinner

I've been waiting to work the character Dinner the entire time. And tonight was finally the night. The dinner is a 650 person show where they get food, a live country performance and get to sing and dance along with the characters. Each person pays about 73 dollars and the place is full every time. You do the math they make a lot of money on these shows. So work started of by leaf blowing the entire pavilion, which took about an hour. The rest of the time I was told to sit back and enjoy the show. The show was great, especially because I get to meet all of the stars in it. It's a real eye opener when Mickey Mouse comes back stage and pulls out a cigarette. Anyways, it was all good fun, especially watching the little kids get so excited about seeing the characters and dancing around with them. Thats one of the coolest parts of my job, just getting to see these cute little kids go absolutely insane over meeting one of my friends in there costumes, but they don't know that. The show ends with the character forming a conga line, out of the pavilion and everyone in the place walks out with them. Then my work starts up a little bit more, we picked up the trash in the entire pavilion and then checked the bathrooms. I was told that the works not hard, its just about making the work look harder than it actually is..... Good to know. After that the bus boys pulled a cart of the food out into the court and allowed all the cast members to come and feast on it. It had ribs, chicken, burgers, hot dogs, corn bread, mash potatoes, and corn, so it was a great change from my normal cereal or things. I also got to take some home for my roommates. This job was pretty nice considering I got to see a show, eat and barely clean. Also the CEO of the Dinner shows, saw me and gave me a personal invite to come sit down with him. I was told by a few cast members that it was a pretty big deal. Must be my handsome face.....

No comments:

Post a Comment