Disney Songs


Friday, October 14, 2011

First Day of Class

Today I had my first day of class, it was at 9 am in Patterson Court. Patterson is like a resort compared to Vista way, it had very nice facilities. Anyways my class is Finance, I figured I would take it to maybe get to meet some cool people and learn more about the company. Turns out I am being taught by a Fiance director within the company and several other guest speakers which will make for some good connections. Today we talked about what the class will be about and what we want to learn. Basically were going to probe Disney and there operations, things I will be told in class that I can not repeat out of class. Anyways we talked about College Program and why does Disney spend so much money on all of us. As a class we laughed, because we feel like we are almost slaves to cheap labor. But when it comes down to number crunching Disney is actually losing Millions of dollars on each of our programs. Between the basics of housing and living expenses they lose money. All with the sole purpose of training us and trying to keep us in the company. But basically we didn't talk about much. The other thing I would like to add, is that Disney is teaching me about ethics and responsibility, you have to follow the Disney guide lines otherwise they wont let you into the class, you have to dress professionally and be on time all so you can get in the class. Just learning these traits in there own are very beneficial for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment